Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Take 5 - Week of 3/4

Hey people. If you're looking for my post-mortem on my sadly short-lived Survivor career, you'll have to wait a bit. Tomorrow, probably. Meanwhile, check out my latest for Full Tilt Poker over at the Poker From the Rail blog, and comment there -- it'll make me look good.

__________

This week was a super-exciting one in the world of poker, but never mind all that.  Exciting is for other people, not for the likes of me. Here’s my nonsense:


5.  Gold Coast Closes. Yes, sadly but truly, the Coast has announced that their poker room is officially “closed”, which means “replaced by a few banks of slot machines.”  With poker rooms now restricted to only the Rio, the Orleans, the Venetian, Caesar’s Palace, Bill’s, The Excalibur, New York, New York, The Bellagio, The Stratosphere, The Imperial Palace, Circus Circus, Harrah’s, The MGM Grand, Planet Hollywood, The Luxor, Mandalay Bay, Aria, The Mirage, Bally’s, Monte Carlo, O’Shea’s, The Sahara, Treasure Island, Flamingo, The Encore and the Wynn, could this be a sign that the “poker boom” is finally over?

4.  Bluff Magazine Announces Their Power 20 – The powerful poker magazine has given a powerful list of powerful poker people, which means the people who hold the most influence in the poker world, as it turns out. I was disappointed to discover that this was not a ranking based on odor, but the newsstand guy wouldn’t let me return it. You’ve been warned.

Read the Rest at Poker From The Rail.

No comments: