Thursday, March 10, 2011

Survive Donkey Island: My Island Diary 006

Hi, friends. I got voted off Donkey Island.  No goofy obfuscating nonsense required any more, so let me tell you how. I had a nice little alliance within Team Donkey, but as the merge began to loom, I began to become paranoid that one of my alliance was orchestrating a post-merge flip-a-roo on me and some of my crew.  I was right about my suspicions; but I was wrong about my suspect. Jordan, who I blindsided and backstabbed into oblivion, was not the man to fear. I now suspect that he would have stuck with me at least as far as I had been planning to stick with him. Sorry, dude. We had the game in our hands and I blew it up.

Worse than that, I timed my backstab wrong. The hope had been to win event 5, go into to merge up 7-3, and then zing Jordan in event 6, leaving his partner (and vile schemer) Jamy Hawk high and dry and without recourse; as even a flip to the Fish would then leave him at 5-4.

But we didn't win immunity in event 5, and we had to spring it early. This alerted Jamy and despite my attempts to calm him, he immediately (and wisely) he joined the Fish, leaving us deadlocked in a 5-5 tie. I'd feared this might happen, but I figured it would come down to the poker: a heads-up match between our target (SmBoatDrinks) and whosoever they chose. A coinflip, basically. I was wrong. Somehow Jamy managed to flip one of my five, killed me, skinned me, and ate me.

"Uh-uh fool. You don't take me out -- I take YOU out."


I won't say who of my group Jamy flipped because I am not 100% sure. I do know it's one of two people, though, and I will be watching their fate closely to see if they chose wisely when they left me behind for an unholy Donkeyfish union. Personally, I suspect that they did not. Katitude just hit the skids last night, creating a 4-4 tie between Fish and Donkeys. This means that it is now obvious to any paying attention that the Jamy/Fish merger is playing out to the end, which is not what I would have gone with. Frankly, I am of the opinion that the Fish will vote off any remaining Donkeys as soon as they have the numbers; which will be soon. We shall see.

As for my feelings regarding the game, I am beyond pleased with how much I have enjoyed playing, and how much others seem to be enjoying their participation. The Donkey Island prop bet has added a level of intrigue and speculation and creativity and fun to blogger tournies that I am very proud to have been a part of. It's a shame that my personal game is done, but I console myself in the knowledge that I played a bold strategy designed to take me to the end, and that my gambit, while risky, nearly paid off. I will tip my hat to Jamy for being smart enough to recognize that he needed to vote me off right then to have a hope of winning, and for finding a way to accomplish this. Also, kudos to Slightly Josie for somehow convincing some of the Donkeys to stay with her alliance even after she wasn't needed, effectively giving the game back to the Fish. That's some Jedi mind tricks.

"Oh no you DI'INT try to vote Josie out!"


You guys, seriously, get out there and play. Next event is Sunday, and remember, Full Tilt Poker and Al Can't Hang added $100 to the prize pool!

Survive Donkey Island 009
Full Tilt Poker
$5 + $1 Multi Table 
March 13, 2011
9:30 PM EST
password: survive

3 comments:

Josie said...

I like the make up on mona lisa josie, but she definitely needs a tan.

TY TY TY for stopping the $2 rebuy.

Josie said...

Um $1 rebuy. :)

SirFWALGMan said...

Dude I was so waiting for " and my friends, my fellow donkeys, dragged me off into the jungle. I felt teeth in my legs, my arms, my balls.. as they cannibalized me. My last thoughts were "I hope they get brain damage from eating me".. " ... but you could of done it sooooooo much better! damn, disappointing.

"The Donkey Island prop bet has added a level of intrigue and speculation and creativity and fun to blogger tournies that I am very proud to have been a part of"

AND HATE! Do not forget the HATE! I am loving this game.