Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2 Is Hammer Day


SIR WAFFLES. O that we now had here
But one ten thousand of those Aces yet coming
Now out th' deck today!

KING IGGY. What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Waffleman? No, my fair cousin;
If we are mark'd to bust, we've chips enow
To do our bankroll loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of payout.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one ace more.
By Jove, I am totally covetous for gold,
And care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me bad if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell well in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet bracelets,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not rockets from th'dealer.
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As se'en deuce more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Waffleman, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his buyout shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not ship in that blogger's company
That fears the hammer now to bust with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Grubby.
He that outlives this day, and ships this pot,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Grubby.
He that survives day 3, and sees th' final table,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Grubby.'
Then will he forward his hand history,
And say 'These beats I had on Grubby's day.'
Will you please check them out for me?
I think I played th' King Queen right.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
Sick bluffs he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Iggy the King, Pauly and Hoyazo,
Lucko and CK, Poker Grump and Astin
Otis, Bayne, LJ, and many more -
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the degen teach his son;
And Grubby Grubby shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of bloggers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my blogger; and I shall follow his tweets,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Vegas now online,
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their blogrolls cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Grubby's day.

Amen.

2 comments:

Jagger58 said...

Would Ye be interested in in alink swap and a follow ye swap? My blog is: www.jagger58.blogspot.com .I will post Ye in my lists.

Emily said...

I love you BECAUSE you are such a nerd, brother. Next time I will expect iambic pentameter. :)