Friday, April 16, 2010

BBT5 001: Blogger Steel N Tha Hour Of Chaos

"I got a letter from Al Can't Hang the other day. I opened and read it, it said I'm a sucka."

Or, you know, that we were going for another spin on the amazing BBT carousel. Mr. CantHang keeps pumping these up bigger and better, and this is no exception. Read the details here, but these are the vital stats.

$50,000 in the prize pool.

Six WSOP packages, including THREE main event packages.


Those aren't typos.

Two big differences this time out should be obvious to all:

First, it's short and sweet. I think the entire bankroll you'd need to play all twelve tournaments is in the range of $160.

Second, though two of the tournies (the Mookie and the new Poker From the Rail Tourney) are open, the Sunday one is a freeroll invitational for bloggers and other poker media/personalities. Somehow I stumbled my way in there. I expect to be answering the question "Who the hell are you?" a lot. I've heard from a few of you that you're in this, but my competition in this thing is pretty much a big question mark so far. I'll be excited to see what arises. In any event, I get to play the Sunday with some others, and obviously those who get to play in the invitational have a significant edge toward a seat. I'll let the blogosphere debate the merits or demerits of that system, though I do think that it probably increases the chances of the prizes going to people who will use them to play, which adds value to Tilt and (if it works) incentivizes them to keep this thing going.. Frankly in years past with a totally open field I don't think I would be able to make that pledge -- I'd have kept the money. Hey, honesty is the best policy. However, given that I consider the invitation to be a gift that I greatly appreciate, I pledge to play the ME if I find myself with a seat.

So. Here it is. A shot for Julius_Goat to make the big dance. Not bad for a donk who writes about LOST and from time to time goofs on poker. Big ups to Al and Full Tilt.

I imagine Buddy Dank will be in effect come Sunday. Be there for the fantabulous donk battle! It's going to be instupituious!

Here's the events:

Tournament: Poker From the Rail
When: Monday, April 19th through May 24th starting at 22:00ET
Game: Deepstack NLHE
Buyin: $24+2 (or token)*
Password: 2010WSOP

Tournament: The Mookie
When: Wednesday, April 21st through May 26th starting at 22:00ET
Game: Deepstack NLHE
Buyin: $10+1*
Password: vegas1

*Winner also receives ToC entry

Tournament: Battle of the Blogger Tournaments Invitational
When: Sunday, April 18th through May 23rd starting at 19:00ET
Game: Deepstack NLHE
Buyin: Restricted freeroll**

**$2,000 Prizepool + 1st and 2nd place receive ToC entry

Tournament: Blogger Battle Royale
When: Sunday, June 6th starting at 14:00ET
Game: Deepstack NLHE
Buyin: Freeroll for BBT participating bloggers


Oh yeah, there's also the little matter of the Battle Royal: A $2,000 Freeroll for anybody who plays. This ain't a bad deal.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

You are doing a great job. To get more fun visit my web site.

BamBam said...

I agree with Andrew! This post was beyond dope, fantabulous even! I bet it says so at his site! We should all go see huh?

C'mon everybody, don't you want to get more fun?

W/V - shite

Irony slays me.