Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stupid/System 012: Going Pro

A couple notes before we start.

1) Yep, this is a Poker From the Rail post, so I'm just excerpting it here. I know, not all of you can follow the link from work. I'm sorry about that. That's crappy. Give me your boss's email and I'll yell at him until he fires you. Hmmm. Never mind that one. But do try to remember to follow from home if you like this stuff, though. It helps. If you can't do it, I will post it in its entirety sometime down the road.

2) I haven't seen Heroes yet. I'll probably watch it tonight, but no recap today.

___________________________

If you’ve been following along with me, you now have a lot of the “tools” that you’ll need for long-term, online and live poker success. You know how to fire the third bullet with air, shove a double belly to represent the set, get the fish to double you when you’ve got the nuts, play ATC, abuse the bubble, and exploit the weak-tights with squeezes, overbets, underbets, brass knuckles, clarinet solos, the crane kick and other advanced moves.

So now you are asking yourself: Is it time for me to go pro?

Woah! Wait a second there, Sparky! Not so fast!

First of all, of COURSE you should go pro! You’re totally, lusciously, awesome! Read the first paragraph! You’re like the Bruce Lee of poker, and you’re getting your “Heeeeeeoooooooow!” on. The question you need to ask yourself is, what KIND of pro are you going to be? There’s more than just one kind, you know. I mean, if you don’t decide that, how are you going to know whether or not to buy a cowboy hat or a hoodie? Get with the program.


Other things you’ll want to ponder as you start your career as a top pro:

[Go to Poker From the Rail to read the rest of this article.]