Monday, November 10, 2008

Introducing the BB(m)T

"I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll."
-Chris Ferguson, Full Tilt Poker

I've always wanted to host a blogger tourney, but I was never sure what niche to fill. Now I know. My way is clear, now. Given my clear and total lack of understanding of the fundamentals (I am, after all, the author of Stupid/System), it is my duty and my destiny to bring you a really stupid tournament.

Some of you are very good about your bankrolls. You observe strict limits and never play above your level. Good for you. Now stop being such babies and sign up already. Geez.

Some of you are big winners, and have no concern about putting down the buyin. Good news! The rest of us will be VERY scared money. Sign up!

The rest of you are like me. You just play what it occurs to you to play and muddle along. On the way, you make some really stupid poker decisions. This is your tournament, right here.

Behold. The Bad Bankroll-Management Tourney. (I am thinking we could call it BBT for short.)

A few points of note on some decisions I have made to make this as stupid as possible:

1) I've make this thing Superstacks so there's plenty of play. This means it will take TWO brutal one-outer beats to send you to the rail. Also, you'll be up until 2:00 AM.

2) Because I am deeply lazy, I'm only going to run it on the first Saturday or Sunday of every quarter, so all the losers have time to grind back at the $2.20 SNGs. (That is, I'll run it quarterly if the first one goes well. By "goes well", I mean at least three people show up.)

3) As an added incentive to make it even stupider, there is absolutely no money added to the pool! That's right, you heard right: Full Tilt is not putting up ANY prizes or additional cash.

So come on out, and make a really bad bankroll decision! You'll be out fifty-five smackers if you lose, but hey! You might just win! (You won't. You'll lose.) So hit those wonderful satellites that run around the clock on Full Tilt, or just buy straight in!

7 comments:

4dbirds said...

I'm the poster child of BBM!

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I will be sure to borrow the buyin from my neighborhood loan shark at 100% interest, compounded hourly.

Definitely look forward to seeing you there.

ps I assume there will be a bounty on the joker's head in this thing, right?

BLAARGH! said...

Blaargh grind sit and gos and human skulls. You will smell my taste of defeat, puny human!

SirFWALGMan said...

How the fuck can you sat into this? lol. It is great you made it 55$ so there is absolutely no way for anyone to sat into it unlike Don's big game.

Julius_Goat said...

Sir Waffles,

1) It truly isn't a bad bankroll decision unless you buy right in.

2) If you must satellite in. . . well . . .they are called "Tournament Dollars." They've been around about six months. Any satelite for any tourny can be used to buy into any other tourny. Therefore . . . every satellite except for token satellites can be your hamburger.

3) Please play. It won't be the Bad Bankroll Management without you.

SirFWALGMan said...

Oh I will be there.. Just remind me when it gets closer.. my brain does not work very well anymore.. if it ever did.. I can not remember if it did.. but since I have a good job I have to assume..

lj said...

<3 goat. and your response re: T$ to waffles.