Monday, November 24, 2008

Flogging My Silly Bloggament 002

I'm a man of my word. A new week, a new non-reason to play the Bad Bankroll-Management Tourney on 9:00 PM EST, Sunday, January 4.

This week's reason that signing up for this tournament (password: busto) on Full Tilt would be a -EV decision, and one you'll almost surely regret:

As far as I know, Buddy Dank Radio will not be broadcasting.

That's right. The most enjoyable reason to sling chips around with our virtual crew? Not a factor. So come on down! It may be a bad decision, but at least it will probably be dull!

In other news, Pauly has been kind enough to invite me to guest post from time to time over at the Coventry Music & Phish blog. I'm a true Phish poseur, but I know a good offer when I hear one, and I am honored and happy to be on board. If Phish ain't your thing, well, I am a just and merciful ruler, and I forgive you. But it's some of your favorite writers over there, it's about music, it's fun, so join the party! Bring glow-sticks.

Also, there's plenty of other musical writings over there. Heck, I just laid down my first musical writings ever, on the subject of Frank Zappa's seminal album,
We're Only In It For The Money

This platter dropped in 1968, at the height of the hippy drippy love-in that was radiating out (so the story goes) from the porches of Haight Ashbury and spreading peace throughout the country, Frank Zappa went ahead and put out this album, a poison plum chucked at the collective heads, and Heads, of the sixties. The target was all that was fatuous and empty and dark in society, on all sides. It's shock-and-awe satire, tough love minus the love . . .


Go to the Coventry Blog to read more.

1 comment:

Dr. Pauly said...

Welcome aboard!

And we'll pop your Phish cherry this summer.