Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's A Plot, I Tell You

Late last night, I completed the initial plot for my novel. This is a wonderful thing; I am not sure I can express how wonderful.

I started writing in 1999. I pretty much abandoned the story in 2002, but there were so many things I didn't know about what had happened to these characters, what this character doing this meant, what so-and-so meant when they said such-and-such.

Imagine a story you're reading and you lose the book. You want to know how it ends, but you can find another copy anywhere. Not in bookstores, not in libraries, not even a plot synopsis online. That was me.

Now, I know. I know it all.

Next, I figure out the order in which the story gets told and the secrets get revealed. Then, I schedule myself.

Then comes the fun part. Then I write it.

Giddyup.

4 comments:

TripJax said...

Sweetness. Good luck sir.

Riggstad said...

I'm peeing in my pants

lj said...

yay!

OhCaptain said...

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to hear about more progress!