Sunday, March 30, 2008

Deluxe Donkey Does Decent!

I'll take this, thanks very much:















Golly goshdarn it all to heck, I'll just say it: I'm proud of my showing in Big Games. I think this makes the fourth final table, perhaps the fifth, and my second in a row. And this is my best showing yet. The good sized cash is by all means OK in my book, and I have to think I'm one of the most profitable BBT3 players at this point.

At the same time, this one will haunt me. (Brag officially ends now.) I was in prime position to win this and somehow I let it slip away. I had Ladyhater down to six outs on the river and he caught, and then he coolered my 2 pair with a turned straight (the money went in after he'd hit because I was being tricky and hoping to check-raise the flop).

The truth? I sucked out and won races to get there anyway. You know I sucked out and won races, because I was at the final table. So be it.

Probably a full recap in the works. Right now I need to go yawn, then sleep, probably in that order.

Congratulations to Woman-despiser! He played a strong game, and is a worthy entrant into the TOC.

8 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Congrats! It was fun to watch. I really thought you'd take it. I think I know why I'm not a professional bookie.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Congrats on a strong finish. Your run in the big game is definitely awesome. To say I'm jealous is an understatement.

Riggstad said...

Stupid Asin!!

He Jinxed you, asuse he calls 'em everytime!

Stupid Stupid Stupid!

baah, the cash is Gold!

RaisingCayne said...

Nice finish. I know how bitter sweet 2nd place can be... take consolation in the cash!

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Great job man. Glad you put my chips to good use. Sorry it did not translate into a ToC seat.

Btw misogynist is Al's friend BigMike that he has written about several times before.

Donkette said...

Congrats, I was pulling for you, it was fun to watch, and once again you had a strong finish. I just wish I'm not at your table anymore unless it's the final table..... Job Well Done Sir!

Shrike said...

Very well done, congrats on the fine showing. I was pulling for you!

PokahDave said...

Well done...date I say Goatastic!