Saturday, February 2, 2008

For The Patriot Haters

I guess that would be the "Hatriots".

I should say right off the bat that I am pretty much neutral about the upcoming Super Bowl. As a contrarion, I tend to side with the underdog. As a casual observer, a 19-0 season would be kind of cool. As a Lions fan, I'm pretty much incapable of feeling anything but pain. Thus: neutral.

But the cheating thing. It's out there. No questions about it. It taints the Patriots' season. It is the taint of their season.

With that in mind, while browsing the DubyaDubyaDubya, I came across this from ESPN golden boy, Pats fan of note, and noted poker donkey Bill Simmons. He was comparing the difficulty of a perfect NFL season to the difficulty of a perfect season in Madden.

He wrote:
Have I ever gone undefeated without cheating, hitting the RESET button,
dropping down to an easier level or turning off the button that allows the
invisible "Madden" commissioner to reject lopsided deals? Never. Not once. I've
always had to bend the rules to do it.

Um . . . I don't think he meant to say it like that.

But, yeah.

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Kinda fun...playing a sng with you right now.

Don't play too many games! Hehehe.

Crap..AA..gotta go