Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday Matinee 004

I am big. It's the pictures that got small.
-Norma Desmond.

You guys guessed it. Last week's shot came from all-time classic Sunset Boulevard, the seedy tale of old Hollywood and the people that the film industry chews up and spits out. The fellow floating in the pool is William Holden (no real spoiler there; that shot is from the first minute of the movie), and he's already discovering, even back in the 1950s, that the writer is about as cherished as old silent-era stars. I bet this one is beloved of striking writers right about now, in a sort of bitter way.

Lucky for me, the guy who guessed the shot first doesn't play online. A buy-in to the Dookie is yours should you ever want to claim it, Joel.

OK, this one is a wonderful, excellent, great movie, like most of these, in the pantheon of my favorites. Fantastic film right here. I'm betting I've stumped you, though. Mookie buyin for whoever guesses it first. Click the image to make it get all big, like.

1 comment:

AJ "The Triple Threat" Martino said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.