Monday, January 29, 2007

Donking At the Hoy


The good news: I cashed. Yes, the Goat's on the money board.

The bad news: I came in third, and it should have been higher. It's my own fault. Absolutely no complaints, just recriminations. I slow-played my Aces for the first time I can remember, and received a beautiful lesson in exactly why that's a bad idea, courtesy of Fuel. Um, thanks, Fuel.

Sweet Georgia Brown, that was dumb.

Fuel also berated my play earlier, but I think that's just a badge of honor. Also, I think I made a decent play in that particular instance. Debatable, but decent. Half decent? Decentish? Anyway, recap pending. Read if you care.

Thanks to all for a great game, and thanks Hoyazo for hosting.

5 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Goat, if you don't mind I'd be interested to hear about the play you made that Fuel berated (that word choice is probably being kind, I know how it is) but that you think was a good play. Can you post it here and let us decide?

Goat said...

You bet. Actually, I'm planning on doing a tourny recap (which takes a while), so maybe I'll just do the hand itself.

I should clarify a few things, though:

1) It really was a marginal play. Based on a correct read, yes, but still marginal. I am not expecting to be praised for this play. Technically, by the book, it was not a good call. But I had my reasons, and I'll stick to 'em.

2) Fuel actually didn't really berate me in full Fuel-style.

Sadly, I neglected to screen capture the hand Hoy-style, but I guess that saves me paying you royalties.

Fuel55 said...

berate: (verb) censure severely or angrily.

I am never angry. Frustrated maybe, but never angry.

Good game last night. The AA hand was a big gamble and it went against you. Not a good way to end a decent session.

PS Looking forward to "the hand". Hoy is desperate to rant on my ass!

Goat said...

Nary a 'berate' from fuel, nay!

Fuel merely chides. He rebukes at times, at others he reproves. Some have heard him admonish.

In all seriousness, fuel, you're a talented player and you know it. It has been amusing to watch you rock the chatbox the last 3 Mondays.

I'll get 'THE HAND' (wow is it growing in legend for a dumb draw) up and rolling in the next couple days.

Chipper said...

Grats for moneying last night. Fuel got the best of me with my badly timed push when I was short stacked. GL and hope to see you at the next one. (pokerdwarf)